Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Yeah .... School :)

Ah what a week. I've actually had a productive week. I began looking into where I shall be returning to school this fall! I can't wait. I think I just want to be a professional student for the rest of my life - it's what it seems like anyways!

I think I've narrowed it down to two choices but in reality I think it'll be one. I found two degrees - MBA - Marketing and Masters in Multimedia. The MBA is at Waynesburg (Back to the Burg) and the Multimedia is at Cal. I like the multimedia degree but it focuses more on web than print and I'm a print kind of person (and so is my job) so I think ultimatly I'll end up at Waynesburg. Ironically, Waynesburg is actually CHEAPER than going to Cal! I can take the classes at SouthPointe on Saturday mornings - which is my plan. Matthew can watch the baby while I'm at class so it will make life easy. I'm not even thinking about night classes. Too much insanity with work, then baby, then school. Saturday mornings work just fine for me.

I'm in the process of setting up an appointment to go to SouthPointe and meet with the people from Waynesburgh probably within the next month. I want to do it before the baby comes as I'm trying to do anything I can before the baby comes to make my life easier later. In July I will be eligible for Education Reimbursement through JMT and I have to write a proposal for the approval. At this point, draft one is already complete and then throughout the next few months I can update the information as necessary, but the overall portion of the proposal is done - the hard part anyways! So that's out of the way, woo hoo!

I actually applied to Waynesburg online yesterday. I forgot how much fun filling out the stupid form was going to be. Oh well, it's done now I just need to send down my transcripts and it'll be official. I'm sure I'll be accepted. I have great grades coming from Chatham - not to mention I'm a former alum. I'm sure everything will be fine and dandy, but it is exciting.

Matthew and I have talked about me going back to school for a while now (even before the baby). My intentions were to enroll this fall after taking a year off to relax - then go back to the grind. We both realize in theory another degree means more opportunities and in the long run - more money for our family. I think an MBA will be a very useful degree all around because of the potential to do so much with the education. I actually like college (Yes I said that). I hated high school but I do enjoy college - especially now when I can really appreciate what the degrees mean to me and my family.

Well it's about that time now.... until later.

No comments: