Thursday, January 3, 2008

Thursday Already!

Wow! It's hard to believe this week is almost over! It seems to just have flown by in warped speed! Last night was a waste of an evening. Matthew is very, very sick. I think he has the flu! He's had a temperature all day and can't keep anything down. I feel so bad for him. I tried to be as helpful as I could last night while avoiding him in hopes to not catch whatever he has if it's contagious! The poor guy's just miserable! He was doing a little better this morning, but not much. He still has a fever and doesn't feel well. Hopefully if he gets up and moving he might start to feel a little better. There's not much you can do when you're sick. Thankfully I haven't had any problems so far (knock on wood) and hopefully it'll stay that way.

So this week has started the season of reality programming. I don't mind, I actually like some of them. Tuesday I watched the premier of The Biggest Loser. It wasn't bad but I don't like the couple's and no team thing. We'll see how it plays out over the course of the week. Last night The Power of Ten and Deal or No Deal returned. They weren't too bad for first shows of the season.

Tonight is the Apprentice. I've been looking forward to it for months! Trace Adkins is on the show so it should prove to be something interesting. It's also featuring Gene Simmons... need I say more? Hopefully it doesn't bomb! The critics are expecting it to be really bad, but I think it'll be kind of funny!

Tomorrow 1 vs 100 returns. Matthew loved that show! I swear he needs to go on one of those trivia shows. He knows so much stupid random knowledge. We sit and watch them and he usually knows all the answers. Some of it is just plain scary too! I heard that the Brain Bus for Jeopardy is coming to the area, perhaps I'll make Matthew go try out for the show. I think he'd do well. It's all in the luck of the categories. Rumor has it they are keeping the show Duel that was on over the Christmas holiday. We loved it so I'm hoping they keep it. If they do I think I'll get him to sign up for that because I know he'd really kick butt in it! If you didn't watch the week long experience. It was a very interesting and unique trivia show! I totally loved it! We were hooked from day one!

Only a few more days until the first playoff game. I'm kinda bummed we can't go. If it wasn't for the baby, Matthew and I would have tried like crazy to find tickets for the game (And knowing me I would have came up with a few). Oh well, just wasn't meant to be. I'm sure they are extremely expensive too! I wouldn't care though, it's the experience that matters most!

I can't wait until our baby is old enough to start going to major events and things. We're planning to show her everything we can. Museums, Movies, Theatre, Travel, anything and everything we can get our hands on! Of course Monster Trucks, Wrestling and sports will also be high in the list of experiences as well!

I know Matthew can't wait until she's old enough to play trivia games. It'll be a constant battle to see how long before she can actually beat him! I know he'll love every minute of it too! Thankfully my love for board games, we have a nice selection (though I'm sure we'll have to add many many more) to start with. We have a lot of trivia games too so I'm sure he'll have a lot of fuel to start trivia training with little Arabella.

My house is still in a bit of disarray from the holidays. We've got all the decorations downstairs and put away but unfortunately I haven't done anything else with the apartment. I'm not even sure when I will drag the other decorations for normal use out of the basement. It could be weeks. Between now and then I may raid Michael's or Walmart for some new goodies. I always want new goodies!!!

I had a great idea while we were putting up Christmas decorations this year to have Matthew put nails around the archways of our doors so I can buy different garlands for different times of the year and put around there so I need to get some now. I'm not sure what I want to put there but I'll know it when I see it!

Well it's about time to go to work. Later.

No comments: