Friday, January 11, 2008

Horray for Friday!!!

Horray for Friday! I thought you would never come! Hopefully the day flies by as I'm wanting to curl up at home all weekend in my nice warm house (as it is to be very cold this weekend). Unfortunatly I do have some random assorted tasks to accomplish in the process and hopefully between Matthew and I we can knock everything off ASAP.

My day started out with a good laugh though. As I was reading through the morning paper, I found a hilarious ZITS Cartoon that I had to find online so I could show Matthew. I couldn't resist posting it here either!! If you know Matthew, you'll understand why this is funny!! I think it's funny in general though! I also sent it to our favorite piercer, Kathi. I'm sure she'll get a kick out of it as well. I think ZITS is one of my favorite cartoons. So many of the strips remind me of things I've done, said or friends I've had.

I tinkered with my favors last night at home. I think they will come out quite nicely when everything is said and done. I also finished up the invitations (minus embellishments the kids are going to do). Everything is coming along nicely.

My mother and I are going shopping this weekend to find some embellishments for the favors as well. I put the word out to those coming to my favor day because you never know what you can find where .... hopefully we'll have a nice arrangement of embellishments and ribbon from everyone. I can't wait to see!

I finally spent a gift card yesterday someone gave me for my birthday (only took me several months... LOL). Matthew and I needed calendars for the house so I bought three at Barnes and Nobel. One for the fridge and one for over my desk. I was really impressed with the one I found for myself. I bought Matthew a Dragon calendar. I thought it was only fair since our 2007 calendars were Troy Polamalu and cats.... figured I'd let him at least stare at something he liked for the next 12 months.

I bought myself a page-a-day calendar for my desk at work with cat cartoon humor. Some of them are really funny and I think I'll even save a few just for my amusement. I might use them in the scrap book I'm making for Artex. They are very fitting of him! Who knows.. no sense in wasting good embellishments though! The cartoons are black and white so they can be easily colored and the way the dates are on the page, I can easily cut those off as well.

Finally, the wall calendar for my desk is simply gorgeous. I've never seen one like it so I had to buy it. It's a 3-D fairie calendar. The pictures are lovely and very beautiful. I love the calendar. I'm going to hang it over my desk in the baby's room (as it even fits with the decor there as well). I think the calendar is geared for kids, but I don't care. I love it!!! It'll give Arabella something else that is beautiful to look at in the room!!! I may even save it after the year and use the designs to decorate something, who knows!!!

Well time to get things done today!

No comments: