Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Lovely Weather

Oh what lovely weather we have for the middle of winter! Shouldn't it be a whole lot colder outside? These last two days have just been wonderful. I wish it was like this all year! It's not too hot and not too cold, it's just perfect. Too bad it's over after today and it'll be coooooooooold again!



So I've had some productive days this week! I have finally started Arabella's baby book and scrapbooked all of her ultrasound pictures thus far. The book turned out so beautiful! I can't wait until I have more to put it in. Perhaps at some point this week I'll take some picture sof the book and postMatthew and I have started working on the room, it's coming along nicely... it should be ready to paint within a few weeks, if not sooner!



The invitations have been designed and are getting ready to go. I've got kids coming over in the next few weeks to help me put them together (along with some other parts of the shower too). I need to pick up some embellishments between now and when the kids come over to help me out. I'm thrilled I have so many younger cousins who want to work with me on the shower, not to mention Matthew's siblings. I'm so lucky to have great people!



I think I found the perfect party favors this morning, they're a little pricy but I fell in love the moment I saw them. I'm hoping I can work something out to get them because it's utterly perfect and most definatly ME! UGH! So many things to do! I'm hoping to get the showe part under wraps here ASAP so I can get the baby room together even quicker.



So has anyone else been watching the new version of American Gladiators because it's awesome! I have my whole house hooked on watching it. I think it's better than the classic version and the Gladiators are much rougher! They have one male Gladiator called Wolf who is absolutly addictive! He is my favorite part of the show!!! If you haven't seen it yet, it's worth the time to watch it!



So I've been waiting to hear the big concert announcement on Y108 all day. They are apparnetly dragging it out until 5pm today with Stony. I already saw that Carrie Underwood is coming, I'm wondering if that's the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT. She's coming next month (which is a little odd to announce so quickly to the date of the show) but who knows.



Matthew laughs at me when I say it, but I think the concert gods hate me. Most know it's unusual for me to go a few months without hitting at least one show of some kind. It seems like ages since I've been to a show. I'm starting to lose it! I miss my concerts! I say the concert gods hate me because within a two month period (Of course my last two months of pregnancy) Everyone I love is coming to the area.... Dolly Parton, Trace Adkins, Bon Jovi and Devildriver.... not to mention Drowning Pool/Saliva and a few other smaller shows I'd really like to go to! It's torture!!!!! Ah well, I've seen everyone minus Dolly on the list before so I will survive until they come back (Oh please let Dolly come back!!!!) but it still sucks!



I will be partaking in concert season though, summer is my time to shine and even though my life will be changing for the better in March, I still want to be the same person. At least I'm lucky and usually accumulate most concert tickets for free.... and pay out the rear for the ones I do buy... so it balances out somewhere along the lines! I learned my lesson last season though! I thought I'd be slick and buy the round up series of country concerts at star lake. Well, I ended up selling more than I used because I ended up with free tickets elsewhere. I won't be doing that again this year! Too much of a hassle to try and sell them at the last minute. Plus there were a few shows I'd have rather bought seats to instead of lawn. Oh well, I had to learn my lesson sometime!



I'm really looking forward to the point when I can start taking Arabella to concerts. Often the country shows at Star Lake offer free tickets to young children when mom/dad buy a ticket. Once she's old enough, I'll take her to every show! Easier than finding a baby sitter, plus it'll be a lot more fun! Once she's older, I'll probably get her seats to a few shows when I can for things she likes. There's nothing like sitting up front for a concert! It's a thrill!!!



Well time to eat and get things done! Enjoy this lovely weather while it lasts!

No comments: