Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Welcome to the New Year

Wow day two of a whole new year. It doesn't even seem any different. I think I out grew the thrill of a party on New Years. Last year I didn't even drink, this year I barely even made it to midnight (and passed out shortly there after). There was a party of sorts going on at the house, but I spent the evening with a friend watching movies downstairs. I just wasn't in a party mood.

I spent most of the weekend attempting to get random tasks done. I worked on the baby's room to get it cleaned and organized. I'm mostly through it at this point. I want to get it together so Matt can finally paint it in the near future then I'll really get it ready.

Yesterday we took down our Christmas decorations. I wanted to do it while Matt was home to help me. It made the process much easier. Plus I have a busy weekend ahead of me so I didn't want to do it this weekend. Last night we stopped at Walmart and even added a few more things to the Christmas decorations for next year since everything was 75% off. We bought a new pre-lit tree and I finally got a real skirt for the tree (not the dollar store one I had for the last two years). I also picked up some lighted garland and a few ornaments/decorations. For the price, why not! I was so happy to get my tree skirt. I wanted one so badly but couldn't justify the price of some of the nicer ones. I had it in my mind I was getting one after Christmas. We were actually at Walmart a few days earlier and they were 50% off, but it was still a $15 item. When we returned last night, it was $6. I'll take it at that price! It's red and ruffly! I totally love it!

I went back to work today after enjoying a nice four day weekend (I seriously could have used a few more days off though)! At least it's a short week now. Life is getting back to normal in the office as most of the office has returned from the holiday season. I'm sure work will be picking up in the next few days as well.

I found out today that I'll be missing my corporate marketing meeting in Baltimore. I'm actually kinda bummed about not being able to go but it's Feb. 27 and that's way to close to my due date to be traveling across the state during winter. Too many "what ifs" that it's just better for me to miss this meeting unfortunately. Oh well, there's always next year!

Well, back to work for the time being. Happy New Year!

No comments: