Monday, January 21, 2008

I Hate Frigid Weather!!!

It finally feels like winter (and Friday it looked like Christmas) and it's freakin COLD. My office building is rather quiet today since at least 1/3 of the offices are off today for MLK day but there's still a variety of offices here working as usual. Ah well!

So it's cold! I mean really freakin cold! I hate this weather. It makes my whole body just hurt ... :( as if I don't already have enough random feelings.... UGH! It's gonna be coooooooooooooooold all week long too... :(

UGH! Anyways, I'm sitting here waiting on my lunch. I ordered from my favorite pizza place in moon. They have such yummy food. It's far too cold to go out to eat anywhere! I don't want to leave the building until I go home tonight. BRRRRRRR....

It's going to be such a busy week for me. Tonight I have a baby class, tomorrow is my awards banquet (or something) at work, Wednesday Matthew and I have another baby class and I have a proposal due at work, Thursday morning I have a doctors appointment and then Saturday I'm going to meet with people from Waynesburg. What a week!!! I guess I won't be accomplishing a whole lot this week!

Yesterday Matthew, Leeanne and I went shopping at Michaels as they had a very nice scrapbooking sale. Good stuff! I was quite happy with what I bought. I can't wait to start using it (when I have a moment to actually do something). Matthew and I also worked on the baby's room more last night. The bookshelves are now out of the room along with some other things and it's almost to the point we're ready to paint. We're getting there.

We've decided to help with some of the random things we've got in the room, We're going to build a storage unit (or some shelving) above part of my desk to elimiate all the bins around the floor. We have nice high walls that will allow us to put a lot of things up the wall and get it off the floor. I've got Matthew on a building frenzy for things I want/need to help get everything organized!

I want shelves up the wall (or some kind of storage unit thing). so that I can get all my scrapbooking things into some storage boxes (the nice storage boxes and baskets) and organized on the wall. This will take them out of the bins on the floor and into a more useful place. I also want a bookshelf to house all of my writing books since I'll be going back to school (again) soon and that's the most logical place to put something like that!

The next thing I want is some shelving high up on the walls (out of little hands reach) to put some decorative items I've collected over the years for Arabella to look at in her room (but high enough to be out of reach).

Our next plan of attack is taking the empty bins that now holds all my random stuff and putting them in the closet for storage of baby things. My clothes are coming out of that closet and back into the room to make room for all of Arabella's lovely things. That's at least the game plan - hopefully it works.

Regardless we are making process in the room - slowly - but we're getting there. I'm hoping we get a lot further in the coming weeks. The game plan is to be panting by Feb. At this point, it's completely doable since the room for the most part is clean. Most of what's left to do is moving bulky items that I just can't move so Matt and probably our neighbor John will have to move them along.

Well my lunch has arrived and I'm hungry! Yum Cheeseburger Hoagie!

No comments: