Friday, November 2, 2007

Updates... 2nd Ultrasound... etc

Whew! Updating took me a little while the last few weeks. It’s been a whirlwind since we took our trip to York last weekend, but what fun it’s been!

Matthew and I left for York on Thursday of last week. It took about four hours to get to the hotel we stayed at (directly across from the York office I needed to visit). We arrived around 7ish, settled in and then walked next door for some Ruby Tuesday’s dinner. Yum! I wish there was one closer to us but alas, none in the Washington area… though there are a few in Allegheny County. Anyways, after dinner we relaxed in the hotel for the evening.

Friday morning I had to go to work bright and early at 8:30 for my meeting. It was actually a really enjoyable experience to meet the people I communicate with almost daily. I could finally put a face with the voices/emails. Everyone was so nice and I learned a lot more about my job and the company. Always a bonus! I do really love what I do… not many people can say that.

Friday evening, instead of leaving we explored the area. We were going out to Lancaster, but unfortunately Mother Nature didn’t want me to go visiting Amish country so she poured down rain most of the afternoon. However, the helpful ladies at the hotel pointed us to some pretty cool locations indoors for the evening. We started with an Amish Marketplace about ten minutes away, which was a lot of fun. Some of the stuff there was simply beautiful… like the outhouse I wanted to bring home for my mother (if you know my mother, you understand why…..) and the furniture I wish I could afford in a lifetime. But I did manage to pick up a few trinkets along the way.

After the marketplace, I found a mall online through Google with a store called “The Gothic Shop.” After a few Google searches, I discovered this was a store filled with swords, fairies and other renaissance type items so naturally, we had to check it out. The mall otherwise, was just your average mall with stores much like at home.

After the mall we headed back to the hotel for some relaxing… we ordered in some dinner from a Pizza Place that seemed to have the stupidest people in the world working there… but at least the food wasn’t half bad.

Saturday morning we left early and got home around noon. My kitty attacked us when we got home. I think he actually missed having us around. When my mother came to visit him on Friday, she said he didn’t even bite her (which is his trademark) so that caused me to worry… but of course he was fine… just lonely. He didn’t leave our side the rest of the evening.

Sunday was the usual Steeler Game and fantasy football yelling at each other. I’m so glad Matthew got me involved in Fantasy Football because I’ve had a blast playing every week. This week Matthew and I actually play each other, so there’s sure to be a lot of yelling in our household at each other … should be rather entertaining! I’m sitting in first place alone finally after being tied for the last few weeks with someone else. I’m on a seven game winning streak, the best in our league! I’ve lost one game (my first game) and have seemed to be on fire ever since. I hope I can continue having such great luck!

Work on Monday started with insanity. It was just a busy week with three proposals due at the end, plus catching up from being off on Thursday/Friday. I also had a doctor appointment (check-up) on Thursday and was off for the morning.

The doctors went well. The baby’s heartbeat is 160… which is right where they want it to be. I also scheduled my second ultrasound so we can find out what we’re having. It’s going to be next Tuesday, so be sure to log in Tuesday night/Wednesday to find out the good news! Matthew and I are so excited!

Unfortunately, I’m only getting a 2D ultrasound because the doctor won’t order me a 3D one, which is so much cooler! However, I found out a few people the 3D ultrasounds are much more expensive, which is why they aren’t ordered (and insurance will sometimes not cover them because they aren’t “medically necessary”)… so in a way I’m glad (since I do pay for parts of something). But never fear… where there’s a will… there’s a way. I located a place in Monroeville that does 3D ultrasounds without doctor notes (you just pay out of pocket) and surprisingly, they aren’t terribly expensive. We’ve decided after the new year, when the baby is more developed (obviously want the best pictures possible)… we’re going to head out to the place and have ourselves a kick ass 3D/4D ultrasound! What a thrill!

In other news, I’ve been feeling ok… but sometimes eh. I had a flu shot Thursday and I think it’s starting to make me sick, little by little. I really hope not though, I hate being sick. Matthew is just Matthew… a little nutty… I drive him crazy… nothing unusual.

In a bit of good news from Matthew’s side, on November 1st, he was converted from an Adecco temp to a Land America temp, complete with a raise, overtime eligibility and a few incentives (no benefits though) but at least it’s a step in the right direction! We’re absolutely thrilled!

Well, that’s about all for the update. Stop back next week to find out if it’s a boy or girl!

No comments: