Saturday, March 22, 2008

.... ticking...

So yesterday was my last day at work and I can't say that I'm sad. It actually means the end is really getting close and things are going to start changing, which I'm excited about. I got a lot accomplished over the last few days. Matthew finally washed the clothes and bedding and we put everything away. I bought two organizers to go under the crib for extra storage of blankets and what nots. I also picked up a few other things we needed. In general, things are really starting to come together.

I felt pretty good yesterday .... which makes Matthew worry more as people keep telling him when I start feeling good it's gonna happen REAL soon. I don't know how true it is, but at least I've felt good. I've been functional for the most part - something I've missed greatly.

The last of the Thank You cards went out yesterday (thanks for your patience). I was doing them as I could but there were just so many (and so many stamps.... UGH). But they are done and I'm thankful that's one less thing I need to concern myself with.

If you haven't checked out pictures of the baby's room yet, I posted them online this week. It looks lovely - the pictures really don't do it the justice it deserves. I think we did a great job with the help of a lot of people. Matthew's mom really came through with some awesome decorations as well as my family finding such neat things and my mom making gorgeous curtains and a beautiful afghan! Everything matches so well, I just can't believe.

Matthew is going to hang a few more things for me today and then build the organizers.... and then I think we're in pretty good shape.

I've got a game plan for some distractions over the next few days. I just printed over 300 pictures to Walgreens last night (They had sale..... ) so I have plenty of pictures to scrapbook from the baby shower and for the baby book and also some to finish the book Matthew and I started when we started dating. I figured it would give me something easy and relaxing to do next week while I"m home. If not, it'll get done eventually!!!

Artex did something different today. When I was sitting on the couch this morning, he came over to do his normal thrust head directly into my belly and listen to the baby ritual (every morning, just like clockwork).... I know he can hear her since cats hear so well but today was different. He had his head on me and started meowing... not like his mean meows.. more similar to his playful meows (or the ones we get when he's hungry or wants attention) and this went on for a few minutes and while it was happening she was kicking me .... I bet she can hear him. It was crazy, but really neat!

I know he's a little bummed out he's lost his room (we kinda gave him it ... and now all his stuff is out).... and I think he's slightly confused but he seems to be ok. I hope he won't be jealous... but I don't think he will. We still love him and we'll be giving him lots and lots of attention as much as possible. He'll always be my little kitty.... and I'll still spoil his butt rotten as much as possible! What would you expect from someone who made not one but TWO scrap books for their cat. Just think how bad I'll be with my kid........

Well, so many things to do. It's time to go clean the kitchen and then I'm going to figure out this sterilizer I bought. Better now then later!!!

No comments: