Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The End is Near

Yes, the end is in sight, though I thought it would never get here. I'm finally to the point of exhaustion... where is this burst of energy everyone tells me I'm gonna get... cuz it surely ain't happening!!!

I'm still working, trying to hang in until the very last moment... it's getting hard and harder though. I make it through the day but by the time I get home I'm ready to go to sleep. There's nights I barely have the energy to do the dishes. Matt's been doing them for me... because if I'm not exhausted my hands are swollen and hurt. It kills me not being able to do things.... I hate just sitting around but what can I do.

We found a dresser for the room thanks to my Dad. I ended up buying the one Kmart ran on sale this week for $30. It's a bit smaller than what I wanted, but it'll do.... price was right and it's not too bad. It will function for now until she gets a little older and then we'll figure out something at that point.

The room's decorations are coming along nicely. Matthew has everything hung up for the most part and the butterflies are now on the wall. I keep meaning to take a picture of it but forget when I'm actually home. I will take pictures once the crib and other goodies are into the room. We're moving the bassinet into the bedroom this weekend. Hopefully we'll be getting the crib this weekend as well and then the room will really be ready. The pack and play and other shower items are still in boxes. We don't want to open them until she's closer to arrival because they take up less space in the box right now... that will come soon though. We're getting there.

Artex seems to know somethings going on and something is about to happen. He's been spending an awful lot of time on my lap - more than usual. I think he realizes his attention from me will be getting split soon... and he wants to cram every last bit he can in now. I don't mind though, I like when he's affectionate.

Our upstairs neighbor got a cat this week. They brought her down to see Artex, but as usual he hissed and became very withdrawn. He doesn't like other cats, but perhaps with time he'll get use to the fact that there's another cat in the house. He'll have to! I think it's his lack of interaction with other cats in his life. He's only had dogs and rabbits as housemates when I lived at home, never other cats so he feels territorial, plus he's a male so what can I say!

So it's only Wednesday and it seems like I've been working for 100 days without a break. UGH! i will say I'm looking forward to the end! I miss my clothes! For those that know how much clothing I have.... everything that fits me right now can be confined into ONE drawer (and I mean LITERALLY everything). It sucks! I have so much stuff and I can't wear it!!! I miss it!!! Soon.... I will be so happy to wear my clothes again. I'm sick of wearing the same stuff because I refuse to buy clothes I'll only wear for a short period, especially at this point! I also miss sleeping on my tummy, being able to bend over and the sheer joy of just functioning normally without pain and swelling to hands and feet. Oh I long for those days again...

I will also love the end because it means no more weekly trips to be tortured by doctors. I'm sick of doctors! I don't want to go to the doctors again for a VERY long time...... I've seen enough for a lifetime!!!!

Soon..... very soon.....

Well until the next time I pull myself to a computer to blog......

No comments: