Friday, March 14, 2008

How many more days?

We've crossed under the two week mark. Life is defiantly getting more interesting by the minute. We got our crib yesterday, now I just need Matthew to put it together along with the dresser! I think that's what he's doing tonight.

Today's been rather eventful. It started with Y108 announcing my name for the Gas Cards this morning. I heard it go off and was out the door with my cell phone in moments. I only had 10 minutes to call them back (and about 3 people called me shortly after they announced it to make sure I heard it! So I won a $50 gas card to Get Go (MUCH NEEDED).... Hooray! What a lovely start to my Friday morning.

So then, shortly after lunch Matthew called me to tell me his co-workers gave him a lovely gift basket at work today for the baby. He sent me some of the pictures via our cell phones. Some of the stuff is down right hilarious! Gotta love funny baby stuff! They did a nice job and it was a nice surprise! To all those that read this at Land America.... THANK YOU! I can't wait to get home and actually see the basket and not just pictures through a cell phone. There's some onesies, wipes, and other baby goodies for our little one. We're thankful for everything we've received.

Life is getting so busy anymore, though I'm more and more frustrated that I can't do things for myself. It kills me to even attempt to do the dishes. I just don't have the energy. I'm going to the baby sale tomorrow at the fair grounds (hopefully) to pick up some random things for our little one. Everything is half off (YEAH). Leeanne will be coming over tomorrow and then Patti and Timmy are coming for a visit tomorrow night.

At some point this weekend hopefully Matthew builds the crib and dresser and we're going to wash all the baby clothes. My parents are bringing over the changing table and I can actually put the final touches on the baby's room. It's really coming along nicely. We're trying to make it as nice as possible with what we can afford. So what if the furniture doesn't match.... it's not like she'll know the difference.... as long as it's comfy!

I've been thinking alot about making my last day next Friday instead of working until the 27th. I've got enough time to almost pull it off, so it's not entirely a bad idea. I wouldn't mind having a few days off before the baby comes ... especially since each day is getting harder and harder. Where's all this energy I'm supposed to get!!! I'm still waiting!

Apparently people keep asking Matthew if I'm "Nesting" yet.... and he always says no. I have no energy to do anything... I think I was "Nesting" a few months ago when I was making Matthew clean and fix everything under the sun!

Ah well! The end is near. I'll just be happy to be normal again! I miss my dancing.... and sleeping on my belly.... and wearing my clothes. I really do miss my clothes!!! I'm down to next to nothing that fits and still refuse to buy ANYTHING because it's a waste of money at this point. I'm gonna make it with what I got (hopefully).... but I think I'll be fine. I really only gotta make it about another week because if I make next Friday my last day... I can sit at home in sweats the following week... because then I just won't care.

I'm thankful I work at such a great company. They let me get away with so many comfy clothes so I don't have to go out and buy expensive business attire for work. I'm so lucky! I love my job. It's the greatest place to work! I think this was the best move I've ever made! I'm one of the few people in the world that actually LOVE what they do and don't whine about going to work all the time (yes, I do have my days but it's most due to exhaustion).

Well time to accomplish more things. Check out the pictures from the basket Matthew got today! You'll love them!

No comments: