Monday, March 17, 2008

Almost Baby Time

Well, I just got back from my weekly torture at the doctors. Of course the baby wouldn't cooperate for the Non-stress test so it took almost 2 hours for my appointment. OH WHAT FUN The kids already difficult!

Unfortunatly, I'm still not dilated ... :( which is a bummer. I was told to make Friday my last day at work because they'll probably have me in several times over the course of next week to see if I start to dilate. If I don't start showing signs... it's the road to induction which sucks! They don't want me going much past my due date so I guess I'm planning on a baby arrival sometime next week or early the following week (Hey... Matt may get April fools day after all). There's still time though so I guess it's a wait and see what happens kinda thing.

The room is almost ready (and now I've got an excuse to get a fire under Matt's butt to get it done). Diana (Matthew's Mom) bought us a pretty wall art scene for over the crib with a Castle, fairies, birds and hearts. It's so pretty! It compliments the beautiful curtians my mother maid so well too because all the colors match.

We've got the dresser and crib up and I'm starting to get the room to a FORM of organization - which is great. As soon as I get it all cleaned up I'm going to take a few pictures and put up here for everyone who hasn't seen the room. She's definatly got a lot of butterflies, fairies and unicorns! I love it though, it's simply beautiful.

We've got the bassinet ready to go for her arrival too. It's going in our room tonight. We've actually had a good amount of luck keeping Artex out of it, which is kinda surprising. The only place I've caught him was hiding in the basket below it.... though I don't want him there.. if that's the worst he does... I can live with it! It may be his way of being close to the baby since he knows he can't go IN the bassinet with her... at least under her puts him close. He's so affectionate towards her. He's always head butting my belly when he gets up on me. He listens to my belly too... it's adorable! It's even funny when they start poking and kicking one another (at least until I get a good kick to my belly and then that's it.... PLAYTIME OVER...

Well, I've got a million things to do (literally) and I think I better go get started. It's almost baby time ... and to be honest I'm ready!

No comments: