Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Snow is Pretty

Matthew and I took a baby care class night at Washington Hospital. It was rather useful, at least I think. The class covered basics from bathing to feeding and a lot on safety (very important)! I’m really glad I decided to take the course because it was really helpful in planning on what we need to buy for the baby and what we need to check out and consider before buying some items. I just wish the class wasn’t on a Monday night for three hours. Basically, I got home from work yesterday, ate dinner and then went to class … came back home and was ready to crash. What a long day, but very worthwhile. Matthew and I are scheduled to take two more classes in the spring for the baby at the hospital. I’m looking forward to those as well.
So Monday night football was a big disappointment for me yesterday. I was counting on Tom Brady to actually do a nice job and pull some big numbers, but the weather was fighting him with strong winds so they ran the ball most of the game (no major points for me…L). Oh well, I had to let John beat me sooner or later… I just wish it was never! Since Matthew also lost his game last night, he shook up the playoff bracket from what we were expecting and I got the shock logging in this morning to see that in the first round we play each other first! Not exactly what we wanted to do, but there’s nothing we can do about it now. At least for sure one of us will make it to second round… unfortunately not how we wanted to do it though. Ah well, such is life. It’s been a fun journey with Fantasy Football and I can’t wait to play again next year.
I think I’m taking Artex to Petco this weekend to have pictures with Santa. I guess we’ll have to see how well he’ll cooperate with me for this one. I’ll probably try to go up early in the day before it gets really busy and hope there won’t be a ton of other pets to scare him. Then again, between now and then I may change my mind… so who knows! I’d love for him to take a beautiful picture with Santa… but he’s a cat and might get a bit scared… I still may try though. The pictures are only $6.95 and $5.00 of every picture goes to help homeless animals… so it’s for a good cause at the very least. If I actually get him to take a picture, I will most certainly be posting them immediately afterwards.
So it’s day two without a computer at home too. I’m starting to feel lost. My computer has just been building up with junk and I got to the point this weekend to let Matthew finally strip it back to day one. I couldn’t take it anymore. Hopefully it will run much better now; it couldn’t possibly run any worse! He’s not done with it yet, so I’ve been going through withdrawal for not having it. I miss my computer L….. hopefully he finishes it tonight so I can have it back!
JMT converted all the computers over to office 2007 last night. I had been tinkering with some of it for the last month, but now I have real copies of everything. It’s completely different in look and function. At first, I hated it… but it started to grow on me after a while (and I figured out how to customize it to what I wanted) so now it’s really nice. Everything is set in tabs instead of drop down menus, which is nice because you can see all the functions easily and quickly and customize them to what you use most. I love it now. I think I’m going to work on Matthew to get us a copy for the house because it’s really a nice program (once you get over the initial reaction of looking at a screen and being lost)! I really like the new version of Publisher. So much has changed and it’s a much more efficient program. I’ve been messing with Word and Outlook all day, eventually I’ll make my way over to Access and Excel. I’ve opened all the programs to see what’s changed and they all work with the tab functions now. I like it though, it works for me! The new Outlook features are great at work with more customizable screens to see more than just one part of the program (You can put mini blocks for the calendar, tasks, etc so you can see everything at one glance. Great for me at JMT because I was constantly switching between the calendar and the mail to see upcoming due dates. I love it, love love love it!
I can’t believe how much Christmas music is playing on the radio already. It’s barely into December! I’ve been stuck on Y108 for the last two days trying to get registered for Santa’s sleigh, speaking of which I now need to try and do that right now as a Christmas song is on the radio (That’s the cue to call). Yesterday was a major bummer for me when I was caller 17 (they want 18). I like wanted to cry! This year’s Santa’s sleigh is absolutely incredible with a $500 silver necklace, $500 to Lowrys, $500 to some sports store, a $700 personal training package, and Hannah Montana tickets (could care less about the tickets)… I want the personal trainer! I also want to go on a shopping spree at Lowery’s! I promised Matthew if he helped me try to get registered I’d let him have the sports store thing and he can go nuts in the paintball section (or cooking) or whatever! I’m sure he’d find something he wanted! Well, I’ve still got another week before the drawing to get registered… here’s to hoping!
Well I should get back to work for a while figuring out these new programs. It’s been an experience thus far. I think the hardest thing for me is remembering to save it in the old format because not everyone in our company has the new versions yet so if you have to send a document to someone in another office they need to have it saved in the older format or it won’t open.
Until next time.

No comments: