Wednesday, December 26, 2007

No Rest for the Weary...

What a week! It's only Wednesday and I want another week to recover. I'm so exhausted! I was exhausted long before the holidays but these last two days are a killer! Running from one part of the family to another is very tiring for someone, even when they aren't pregnant!

Overall, the holidays went well. Matthew and I both received some very nice presents from our family. We're quite blessed in that aspect! After returning home late last night, we spent the evening attempting to put away some of the great gifts (Because so many are useful presents) and make some room in the living room. There just wasn't enough room under the Christmas tree for all our things (that's never a bad thing though)!

To recap some of the items we got here's a short list:

Matthew
  • Drill and Drill Bits
  • Dremmel and Accessories
  • Butcher Block Cutting Board
  • Mandolin
  • Pyrex Bake ware Set
  • Martini Glasses/Shakers Set
  • Flask with Shot Glasses
  • Tag Body Spray
  • Moder and Pestle
  • Stud Finder
  • 3-D Art Dragon Picture
  • 3-foot tall Knight with Armor/Shield
  • Dragon Wall Art with Sword
  • French Fry Maker
  • Knife Sharpener
  • Cologne
  • Plyers and other assorted Tool Set

Hayley

  • Nintendo DS
  • Brain Age Game
  • DS Accessories
  • Necklace
  • Robe/Slippers
  • Gingerbread Tea Set
  • Assortment of Shower/Body/Hair products
  • Faerie Picture in Frame
  • Butterfly Candle Holder
  • Faerie on Stand
  • Steeler Earrings
  • Steeler Feather Boa
  • Candle/Candle Holder Set
  • Toaster Oven
  • Wooden Trunk

Overall the holidays went well, now I just need a week to recover but I can't do that.... back to work I go this morning. At least it's a short couple of days. Today is my third ultrasound (Yeah ... MORE PICTURES)... then tomorrow morning I have a check up. I'm so sick of doctors at this point and I know the closer I get to March the more I'll be seeing them!

Be sure to stop back after tomorrow to see new pictures of the baby!!! I can't wait to see how she's developed. Hopefully they'll look even better than the last pictures (each set has gotten a little more clear and developed).

I think it'll be a pretty calm week at work for me at least. Most of the office has taken the whole week (and some of next week) off for the holidays. There's only 3 of us here out of the 12 that work in the office. I believe we'll be lonely all week too! It's not like much is going on. I think pretty much every business (with the exception of retail/food) is dead during the week between Christmas and New Years. Nothing is happening. No one is creating work, no one is even in the office. Driving into work today took the least amount of time because there's virtually no one headed to work. Most people have time off. I wish I did! In theory, I would have taken this week off too but I'm conserving every hour of vacation time possible for once Arabella arrives so I can spend as much time at home with her as possible because I know I want to!

I'm looking forward to next year so much. The holidays are really going to change for us, it's never going to be quite the same again. Next year will be thrilling with a baby of our own but the following years when she's old enough to kind of understand the concept of Santa Claus will be a thrill! It will be Matthew and I up all night stocking the tree full of goodies instead of just sleeping in and rolling out of bed. Matthew actually got a taste of what is to come this year helping our upstairs neighbor John build bunk beds for his son for Christmas after he went to sleep.

Apparently it took 4 grown men (with horrible instructions) 4 hours to put together a futon/bunk bed late at night. They were spotted by our other neighbor as he was getting presents from his attic at the same time. Oh the joys we've got to look forward too! I can't wait though!

I also can't wait until Arabella is old enough to do arts and crafts as we will most certainly be making ornaments/presents every year once she can do it! I miss making the ornaments with my mother as we did when I was younger so I'm ready to start the tradition back up with my daughter!

I've determined today is just going to drag on and on. I'm so excited about getting my third ultrasound today (but the 32oz of water kills me). I love more pictures of my baby. I'm about to start her scrap book shortly (I was waiting for more pictures so I can do more at once). I need to make a trip to Michael's to pick out the perfect scrap book to start. I was waiting until we found out what we were having for sure and now that we know (and will get a second confirmation at the ultrasound today). I may stop at Michael's this afternoon and pick out a beautiful book. Afterwards I think that I'll be hitting the mall to pick out a few DS games and possibly hit a few sales. I have some Christmas money I'm ready to spend!

Shortly I'll have a nice abundance of money from winning fantasy football as well. When no one thought I could do it, I came out of no where to win against John by two points thanks to SD benching LT in the 3rd quarter. Playing fantasy football has been so much fun this year. I can't wait until next year to play again (especially since part of our bet was naming the losers team). So what shall I call John's team next season? It must be something very funny and girly since he wants to pick on my team name so much! Ah well, I've got a whole season to figure that out!

Now that the holidays are over, Matthew and I have to begin the process of transforming the back room into the baby's room. We were waiting until after Christmas because it's just been completely insane. There isn't much that needs done and most can be accomplished quite easily, it's just a matter of getting in there and doing it! We need a nice weekend to just do it all at once, then get ready for Matthew to paint and then start moving our things into the room. My goal is to get this done in January which is quite feasible if we just get the time to do it.

Well, it's about time for me to go find some random project to do in the office. Perhaps occupying my time with something will make the day go a bit faster (it can't possibly go any slower). UGH! I'm ready to go home already and take a nap. I'm thinking of possibly taking a 1/2 day next week for New Years Eve (maybe even the whole day depending on my workload and what not). Might as well make a nice long weekend of a holiday! Not sure yet, have to see how the week goes and how my work goes. I may need to be here (I may not though).

Until next time! Happy Holidays!

No comments: