Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Driving in the snow

So I woke up today to about 2 inches of snow on my car. Of course my butt wasn’t even thinking of cleaning it off in the cold weather on slippy roads so I woke up Matthew to do it (oh let me tell you how thrilled he was at 7am to be in the snow). After he cleaned my car off, he came back in with my keys (I asked him to warm it up for me too) and told me to park it because I wasn’t going ANYWHERE in the snow!
After a brief discussion (and the fact that his recent footprints were already covered and gone from the snow) I decided it was best to wait until they plowed our hill and salted the street. So I called work to let them know (no biggie) and sat down and took a nap (no sense in wasting a perfectly good time for a nap).
We woke up to the sound of John getting ready for work (upstairs neighbor). He worked at the mall so we kindly asked him to let us know how the roads were once you got off our silly unplowed hill. Well needless to say, he got to work with lots of slips and slides … so I continued my path of staying put until the roads were better.
Around 10ish, the wonderful sound of the snow plow came and I was ready to go to work. Matthew was still very uneasy about this decision but I felt it was ok. I was right, once I got off our hill the roads were simply slushy in town and only wet on the highway. As I drew closer to Pittsburgh, I was shocked to see where we already had about 3-4 inches of snow at the house Robinson had almost NOTHING…. It looked as though it barely snowed here (lucky them).
So I got to work around 11ish today. It’s been fairly crazy since then and just now finally slowed down for a little while. I’ve been watching the snow from my window, Robinson is slowly making up for the lack of snow they got this morning because my car, the parking lot and some of the roads are starting to get covered. There’s at least 2 inches of snow on my car already and I’ve only been here since 11am and it’s only 3pm. Driving home should be a real treat!
One of my co-workers had to go downtown a little while ago and he said the highways were ok, it was everything else that sucked. That doesn’t surprise me though. At least most of my drive home is highway!
Well I’m going to go get a few things done. Be sure to vote on the middle name poll. Matthew and I should be making our decision pretty soon.

No comments: