Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve

Finally! We've reached Christmas and I can't wait for it to be over. I'm already exhausted from doing so much stuff. I actually worked today (if you want to call it that). The office is literally empty with me, my boss and one other person. We're working until noon but I suspect we'll get booted out early!

There's not much going on so there's not really a whole lot to do. I've made myself a list of random projects for the week to keep me from going insane with boredom! I think just about every business is like this during the week between Christmas and New Years. I know our office is going to be almost vacant with only me and about two others working out of the 12 in the office.

In theory, I would have probably taken this week off too but with the baby coming, I wanted to conserve every moment of vacation time for when she arrives, I know I'll want it then!!! Matthew and I are getting more and more anxious with each coming day. We get to have another look at our beautiful baby on Wednesday afternoon so be sure to pop in Thursday as I'll be sure to post the new pictures of our baby. I can't wait to see how she's grown over the last month.

After the holidays, Matthew and I will be calling InSight in Monroeville to set up an appointment for a 3D/4D Ultrasound. I've wanted one since we found out we're having a baby. They are so neat and we'll actually get to see what the baby looks like. Since we're paying out of pocket for it, I wanted to wait until near the end of the pregnancy so we got some really great pictures. As of now, we're looking at mid-February just before the baby shower so I'll be sure to have the photos for the shower (I know people will want to see them).

We're starting to get down to the wire and about to get the baby's room ready. I thought about burning a few days in the coming months to get the room ready for the new arrival. Weekends just don't seem long enough to get anything accomplished, though I'm going to try really hard. With Christmas, nothing gets accomplished it seems. Though shortly after New Years, hopefully that will change.

For those still wondering, I'm hanging in there for Fantasy Football (Barely). Though right now I need a Christmas Miracle! I'm up by 21 points and John still has his #1 man, LT, to play tonight. LT could easily crush me with 21 points BUT..... the last time LT faced Denver he was held to only 16 points and as I've learned with football this season, ANYTHING can and will happen! Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens. With all the family events going on tonight it's a bummer I won't be in front of a TV to even watch the game (unless they decide to put it on at his grams ... which could happen). At least I have my cell phone where I can check my scores all night. So for anyone seeing me this evening if you see me glued to my phone from 8pm on.... I'm probably checking my fantasy scores!!!!!

Well back to finding random things to do with my time this week. Happy Holidays!

No comments: