Friday, December 14, 2007

King of the Ring

What a crazy week! But what a great week!!!! Tuesday morning started off with amazing potential as Matthew woke up to his phone going off at 6:30am from Y108 calling him to be in the “King of the Ring” contest for Armageddon (WWE Wrestling) tickets. Basically, the contest is backwards from normal radio contests where you have to be the right caller. Instead, you enter online (I entered his butt) and they call you but you have to answer the phone “I’m Y108’s King of the Ring” otherwise, they hang up on you and call someone else! Of course, I had him trained to answer the phone so he did it right and that easily we won two tickets to Armageddon for Sunday night! Matthew was also entered into a drawing for ringside seats. He had a 1 in 5 chance (Because they only picked one winner per day for the tickets).
So we were very happy. We shared our good news with John and Debbie who also entered the contest online. Wednesday morning, Y108 called Debbie but she didn’t wake up to answer the phone. John attempted to save the chance at tickets and answered but since they were looking for her he could win. He was bummed! Oh well.
Thursday morning, Y108 called John and he did answer the phone correctly. So two winners in one household! How exciting! We just increased our ringside seats to 2 out of 5! Good odds! There was still one more day and no one had called me. I had won last year though, so no big deal.
The whole house was thrilled we were going to Armageddon, let alone all going together FOR FREE (key word there)! It was a buzz all night last night as I was elected to pick up all the tickets since I work in Robinson and Y108 is in Greentree. No biggie just needed copies of their license and a note saying they authorized me to pick up the prizes.
So that brings us to today and the big drawing for ring side seats. I told Matthew earlier that fate apparently wants us to go to this show somehow some way because he knew how bummed I was we couldn’t buy the tickets when they went on sale because floor seats were $175-100 each (little out of my range). At 6:30am today Matthew’s phone rang again (oh he was thrilled being woke up again). He answered… and thus a king was born…. He was crowned King of the Ring for Armageddon and the winner of all the goodies!!! Ringside seats for the show (and man are they good seats), a John Cena Fat Head (Which will probably be sold for lack of ANYWHERE to put it) and my favorite… one bottle of Diet Pepsi Max (not even a 2 liter… a 20 oz! LOL!).
So naturally we’ve both been on a natural high all day today. I picked up the tickets over lunch. I didn’t want to believe he actually won until they were physically in my possession (Which they are now). I still can’t believe it. Tonight we’re going to Walmart/Sams to load up on batteries, poster board and markers/glitter because ya’ll know I’m making a TON of signs for the show! Ah! What a week. It’s been crazy! But I love it and I can’t wait until Sunday! This is going to be the best!
Our seats are on off-camera side, which means we’re to the right of the announcers and directly facing ALL ACTION (as the cameras will be behind us). So I should have lots and lots and lots and LOTS of really great pictures from the show (and I’ll be posting them … if Matthew EVER locates my card reader which is lost somewhere in the house). I gotta clear the camera before we go, I’ll need every OUNCE of room on that card for pictures. Man I can’t wait! I can actually reach out and touch someone (And I will most certainly do so if ANYONE comes near me).
Well, look for a post-Armageddon report on Monday (If I’m still alive). It’s going to be quite a hectic week for me. Sunday is Armageddon, Tuesday night I’m working at a meeting in Waynesburg for my job (Yeah Overtime!), Thursday is our work Christmas part and then we get to Christmas Crazyness! GOODY!!!! Somewhere in there I need to finish making presents for people, wrap what I’ve got so far and finish a few odds and ends shopping. UGH! I’m going to need a vacation soon!

No comments: