Sunday, June 1, 2008

Ask My Mother About Changing Diapers....

So for those that see my mother on a regular basis, you should ask her about changing diapers..... because apparently 20 some odd years after I'm out of diapers... she's apparently forgotten an important rule....... The diaper goes OVER the rear end of the baby.....

and now the story...

On Fridays my mother watches Arabella at my house (cuz it's just easier then dragging the baby out to hickory).... so Matthew and I arrive home around 6 or so and she's eating ... dressed all cute (because my mother ALWAYS puts her in something cute) and today it just happened to be a little blue dress (That was Waaaaaaaay to big) ....

So after we eat and what not... my mom and I look at some new pictures I took on my computer and Aerie starts to cry.... Matthew tends to her and realized that her diaper is no where near covering her rear end.... in fact her little bum bum was hanging out all over the place...... apparently my mother forgot the the purpose of a diaper was to keep what comes out contained until changes......... whoops....

so anyone that sees my mom can ask her about changing diapers to hear the funny story about NOT covering my daughters rear end........


In other new.... the weekend flew by! It was disappointing that the pens lost. Aerie seemed quite disappointed (Yes, she watched the game with us). We actually had laid her down for a nap, grabbed the baby monitor and headed upstairs to John and Debbie's to watch the game when only moments in... she started crying... so rather then run up and down the steps all night Matt just brought her up with us... as soon as she was there she was fine sitting in the chair with me watching the game..... kinda cute! I can't wait to see if she likes football too! Actually, I think she was just lonley since it was just her and Artex in the apartment. She wanted to be with everyone where all the action was! OF COURSE!

Today, we mostly sat around the house. Our goal this weekend was a bit of cleaning and quality time with Aerie which sometimes it feels like we have no time with her because of our busy work schedules. But this weekend we did manage to get a lot of great time with her and I'm honestly thrilled about it.

Wednesday is our baby care class reunion. I can't wait. I'm excited to see what all the other parents in our class had ... should be quite intersting.

Well, my facial peel is about dry.... so it's time for me to go so I can get this facial done before Aerie wakes up to eat.

No comments: