Tuesday, July 1, 2008

July Already? Where is this year going?

Wow, It's already July. We're more then 1/2 the way through the year.... can you believe it? It seems like only yesterday Aerie was born.... but it's really over 3 months ago! What a trip! Life just seems to fly by and there just isn't enough time in the day.

So if you haven't heard the news, Arabella's on a roll.... literally... we just can't keep her in one direction anymore. Once she figured out how to roll over there's no stopping her she's on the go.... this kid wants to be mobile and fast! YIKES! Time to start really looking at baby proofing because I don't think it'll be long before she's crawling.. she already pushes herself up so well... it's only going to be a matter of time.

We had a busy weekend.... Saturday we went garage sale hopping and then Sunday Aerie spent the day with Grandma Nadine Beatrice so Matthew and I could go to a mini golf tournament. It was the first time we've been out alone since Arabella was born and I must say... it felt weird! Both of us did ok in the tournament but not good enough to win. After golf, we swung by the meadows to blow through some free play slots.... nothing like free money to gamble with... I lost and Matthew won (of course).

Matthew's birthday is Friday.... I finally got his present together (well mostly together).... I have to finish up one more part of it before Friday which is no biggie since we have Thursday off anyways. Ah... nice long weekend... I can't wait!

My company picnic is also coming up on July 18th... then next month starts the craziness... why is August always such a busy month for me? Weddings, parties, festivals, you name it... I've got it in August..... plus I scheduled another mini vacation for my birthday... figured I've earned it since I was pretty miserable on my birthday last year because of morning sickness. It also was great my birthday fell on Labor Day weekend so I get an extra day off with no used vacation days.

I've got some new pictures of Aerie. I'm going to try and post them this week... probably while I'm off. I've been so busy I haven't had the time to get them off my camera and uploaded to the website but they'll be there soon, I promise!

UGH! I could seriously use as nap right about now... I'm so tired and I don't know why... I slept pretty good last night (as good as you can with a young baby). Aerie is getting on an ok schedule for the most part.... as a breastfed baby though you can only do so much because it's just not going to sit heavy like formula. But I don't mind, she's worth the lack of sleep any time!

No comments: