Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Kindermusik Here We Come!

Saturday I took Aerie to the Early Learning Expo at Babies R Us. I knew they were going to have a kindermusik demo and I really wanted to check it out. She absolutly LOVED it. I was amazed at how enamoured she was with the kids, the motion and the event itself. I knew I just had to sign her up in the fall for the actual classes, which I did as of yesterday!

I enrolled her in Village which is a combo class of Dream Pillow and Zoom Buggy... The class is geared for Newborns-18 months. Here's the web description of the class:

Kindermusik VillageEach week you'll dance with your baby in your arms, share songs, and celebrate the marvelous transformations of the first 18 months.

Features include:
-Musical play that stimulates your baby's physical and mental development
-Establish soothing routines
-Social interaction with other Moms and babies
-Age-appropriate instrument & prop play
-Weekly Foundation of Learning tips for Parents

Zoom Buggy! - Swoosh, vroom, and clickety-clack your way through this delightful unit. Babies and adults will dance, sing, and play instruments to the theme of being on the go. Through a variety of songs, chants, and instrumental selections you and Baby will experience the rumbling of a baby buggy, the squeaky stroller, the bumpa bumpa bumpa of the wagon, the train chugging up the track and much more.(Weeks 1-7)

Dream Pillow - Baby is the star in Dream Pillow, with each activity carefully planned to stimulate his developing brain, thereby promoting physical, social, cognitive, emotional, and language development.

But it is the parent who is watching and guiding this little star on the rise, and Dream Pillow, like all Village units, is written with the parent very much in mind.(Weeks 8-15)

At Home Materials for each of the units: Home CD, Baby's Board Book, Featured Home Instrument for music-making at home, and two Art Banners.

I'm so excited for Septemember now. Both Aerie and I start school! I hope Aerie likes the class as much as she seemed to enjoy it at the store. It'll be a fun experience for the two of us! Not to mention its time that we get to spend together ever week doing something fun with other babies her age! Plus, I'll also meet some other moms with kids her age for possible future playdates!

I've been looking for a while for a mommy and me style group so I could meet other moms but unfortunatly most of what is in this area meets during the day while I'm at work (not helpful!) so I was thrilled when I learned Kindermusik had evening classes. Sadly, the evening one is in McMurray, but at least it's not that far away. They have classes in Washington starting up as a trial and hopefully in the spring they might have some evening classes. Either way, I'm sure it's going to be a very worthwhile experience for the two of us!

Sunday, Aerie and I went to a baby shower. She met some family she hasn't met yet, but that were at my shower. I was so proud of her for being such a good baby. She didn't really fuss or scream at all! I'm so lucky!!!

This week has been pretty enteretaining thus far as well. Monday was pure insanity with a major proposal due and I ran around like a nut! Then Tuesday was such a great day. It started with a phone call from Y108 saying I was chosen as mom of the week ... but the mystery is who in the world entered me! No one wants to own up to it! Thank you to the mystery person though! I am the proud receipient of dinner for two at Texas Roadhouse, a massage at the Health Pyramid, and tickets to the Improv at the Waterfront.

That started my morning off with a smile... then it continued when I found out my raise went through today (YEAH! MORE MONEY!) So overall, it was a pretty good day for me! Now if I could just hit the powerball tonight.... man would that top it off!


If you haven't done so, check out some of the new pictures I've posted of Aerie. There's a very amusing one where she's riding Artex (thanks to Matthew for picking on my poor little kitty). He didn't seem to mind though.

Well that's about all my time for today. Until who knows when....

No comments: