Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Yeah!!!! Cereal!!!!


Horray! Aerie's 4 month check up went well! She's growing and gaining weight just where she should be, which is what we want! Our littly lady weighed in at 11 lbs and 13 oz. Just under the 12 I was guessing! She also is over 23 inches long.... just under the 2 foot tall mark! I can't believe she's getting so big!


After Aerie's appointment, we took her home and I opened the box of cereal (that I bought over a week ago impatiently awaiting her check up and the go ahead for cereal. Well, what an experience! I took about 20 minutes to feed her about a tablespoon and a half of cereal... most of which went on the table, and her chair, and HER and eventually some into her mouth!


She did so well and caught on to the act very quickly. I was proud of her. She managed to keep most of the mess to her bib and me and the chair... and surprisingly nothing in her hair (I still gave her a bath afterward though.... cuz that stuff is STICKY!


I can see she wants to be independent because all she did was try to grab the spoon from me and feed herself! I eventually just gave it to her to let her feel the cereal and play with it. She even tried to put it in her mouth. It was so cute. Of course we video taped the whole event, but the file is 17 minutes long and will be much to large to upload to our website.... so you'll just have to enjoy the many pictures I posted on the site. ENJOY! I've included my favorite photo of her taking the spoon from me on here.

No comments: