Sunday, April 6, 2008

Silence......

You never appreciate the silence of a house until you have a screaming baby....... actually ... it hasn't been that bad. Arabella is relatively content most of the time. I just put her down to sleep again about 20 minutes ago and she's passed out... so I thought I'd eat some breakfast (finally....been trying to eat it since about 7am) and jump online for a few.

Life is going well. Matthew and I are adapting to change really well. Sleep hasn't been all that lost... but I'm sure we'll have a few nights of those to come in the future. Thankfully he's pretty much a night owl and I'd rather go to bed early so we kinda worked it out well. Arabella so far is actually on a good sleep/eating schedule that will coincide with me going back to work rather easily. Hopefully she'll stay on it when I go back. Keep your fingers crossed!

Matthew will be going back to work tomorrow and I'll be on my own with Arabella. I haven't been alone with her for more than a few hours at a time so tomorrow should be interesting. I think it'll be ok plus Matthew is only 5 minutes away anyhow!

I'm getting around really well at this point. The staples came out on Friday and man did I feel a lot better! They were what hurt the most sticking to my skin and then standing up... OWIE! Unfortunately I had a bit of redness around the incision which my doctor said is common when you're in labor for a long time and then end up with the C-section because you're body is just exhausted! They put me on some antibiotics and then last night I discovered I'm allergic to them and broke out in a rash! WHAT FUN! Matthew was thrilled at the 11pm trip to CVS to get some benadryl and cortizone because I was losing it with the itchiness!

All better now though! They're going to call me in something else and hopefully I won't be allergic to that either! UGH! I'm so sick of taking medications and seeing doctors! After my six week check up at the end of the month, I hope I don't need to see a doctor again for a long time - other than Arabella's!

Artex is adapting to having a baby around rather well. He hasn't gotten himself in too much trouble! We caught him in the crib one night and then Matt built the tent the next day. He hasn't attempted to jump in the bassinet thankfully. He has taken a liking to trying to sit on our lap when we're feeding her. He's done it to me a few times and Matthew as well (once last night). He also likes to sleep on the bed and just look at her bassinet. Overall, I'd say he's been really good! I know he's a little starved for attention but we're both trying to give him as much attention as possible right now in between everything else.

Well, it's time to get some things accomplished before Arabella wakes up hungry which should be soon.... I think she's in her growth sprut because she's eating a whole lot more.

Until next time (whenever that may be). .....

No comments: