Monday, April 28, 2008

Last Week Home

Well, it's my last week at home and I'm not sure if I'm happy or sad. I return to work on Thursday (alright! Short week!) and I've got mixed feelings. I've enjoyed my time home, but lately I started climbing walls of boredom. It's rough when all Arabella wants to do is eat, sleep, cry, and poop... so playtime hasn't really been too much. I've been reading to her a lot... but you can only sit and read for so long, especially when the books make her fall asleep.

At the same time, I've been craving interaction with other people. I haven't really done much over the last month other than a few outings to the mall and what not.... so in one sense, I'll be happy to get back to a normal routine (well, develop one anyways). But of course I'm going to miss her..... I'm actually glad I won't be home much longer. A lot of moms told me the longer you're home, the harder it is to go back to work emotionally.... at least I have that going for me.

Life has been going well. Arabella had her pictures done at Brownlee last Saturday (April 19th) and I can't wait to see them. We'll be viewing them on May 10th (The first Saturday appointment they had). She did such gorgeous pictures and work so I can't wait to see them! I know I'm going to end up wanting tons of them, they looked so beautiful... she even did a Fairy picture with me with Arabella and purple wings...... I can't wait!

This last full week at home was hectic. I tried to get a lot of cleaning done before I went back to work. I started reconditioning my body to get up like I would for work, dress, pump, shower, feed her, etc. etc. I must say it was helpful as each day was a little better. I continued the process this week as well. Thankfully, if Matthew feeds her around 1:30am when he's usually up anyways, she sleeps until 5:30 which is when I get up .... so it's working out rather well.

Yesterday, Arabella did something rather interesting. When we were just waking up in the morning, she was laying down with Matthew after she'd been fed, changed, etc. All of the sudden she let out a squeal that sounded like a monkey..... actually it sounded exactly like her rain forest swing which has a monkey sound on it! It was hilarious!

Well, I've gotta get more things done. More pictures have been posted - check them out!

No comments: