Thursday, April 10, 2008

Two Week Check Up

Arabella had her two week check up today and everything is great! She's a happy, healthy baby!!! She didn't even scream too much at the doctors office - a blessing! She's back up to 7 lbs. 8 oz. and is still 21 inches long. Exactly where she should be!

Overall this week has been good. She's sleeping through the night (and we're thankful) and she hasn't been too fussy during the day (she has her moments though). Unfortunatly, life doesn't allow me to take too many naps during the day (and sometimes none at all). Between pumping, feeding, changing, and consoling the crying.... I'm pretty much spent until Matthew comes home and then I can lay down for a while.

I don't mind though - I have to get use to the lack of sleep and running on empty for when I return to work in only a few short weeks. It's hard to believe she's already two weeks old at this point... and I go back to work in about three weeks.

Matt returned to work this week, but I know he wishes he could stay home with his girls. As soon as he's home, Arabella starts wanting attention from him. I know she misses him while he's away all day. Yesterday she was crying and the minute he picked her up she went silent. I knew that she wanted him to hold her.... for a while. She also loves to sleep on him... just like in this picture.... she curls up in a ball on his belly while he plays video games. It's really cute... she sleeps so soundly even with all the noise from the game and Matthew talking in the microphone....

I can't believe how fast time is flying... it's almost time for me to return to work. I'm actually looking forward to going back to work because then life will return to normal and we can adapt to real life. It's nice being home and all but it's not reality.... I'm not balancing work and a family on then will I truly adapt. And then in the fall a whole new world comes through when I balance work, family and school .... I'll manage though....

I'm looking forward to this weekend .... Leeanne will be over and we plan on Scrapbooking.... Matthew has agreed to take care of parenting during that time period so I can stay focused on making a beatiful baby book. Of course, I'll be around to help as needed though .... :)

Well time to go back to the routine.... :)

No comments: