Thursday, May 15, 2008

Wow Time Flies

Can you believe Arie is exactly 7 weeks old today. Man, time's already flying!!! We've hit some milestones this week. On Monday she went to the doctors. She grew over an inch! She also weighs 9 pounds now. My gosh! I didn't realize she was so heavy. My arms knew it though! I need to start lifting weights or something. I am horribly out of shape again. I went from dancing constantly to dancing nothing :(.... I went to Saddle Ridge on Saturday with Leeanne and barely made it three hours without hurting. Gotta get myself back up to what I use to be! No worries there! Matthew is wonderful and doesn't mind watching Arie while I go get healthy and have some fun (plus I know he secretly is thrilled I'm no longer annoying him to go to Saddle Ridge with me)...

Moving on, this week marked Arie's first real Smile - no longer Gas smiles. She's only done it a few times but we know they are finally real smiles. The first one was Tuesday night with Matthew and then last night with me. Last night she even giggled a bit... well it was more of a squeal but it was a new sound for her we haven't heard. We're so happy!

Being back to work has been crazy. I called off Monday after an exhausting night with Arie... I believe the culprit was gas... and she just kept us up. It was fun being home with her after some well needed rest. Monday also marked a really funny moment. As I was sitting on the floor with her in the bouncing chair... I was gently bouncing her a bit when Artex decided he felt the need to be involved. After spending ten minutes nuzzling me on my lap he moved to the other side of the bouncy chair and watched as I gently pressed the chair down to make Arie bounce. After watching for a few minutes he started putting his paws on the chair and made it bounce himself. It was really cute. Then later when I was washing dishes and she was still in the chair, he did it again... unbelievable! Pets are truly amazing! Now if we could just teach him to change diapers we'd be completely set!!!

Saturday I think I'm going to take Arie to Boarders in south hills for their book event. A lot of the books they recommend for children will be on sale and some even read by celebrities .... I think it'll be fun to go and check it out. Saturday Toby tickets also go on sale. I'm so totally buying them the moment they go up. I've got two friends going with me too. I can't wait - should be a blast!

Well, I've got a million things to do...

No comments: