Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Laps

My title is exactly what I feel like the baby is doing, laps in my stomach! Apparently he/she thinks I’m an Olympic swimming pool and it’s time to practice some freestyle laps with a few somersault turns. AHHHHH … ok… rubbing the belly seems to calm him/her down so that’s what I’ve been doing. It’s truly a weird feeling but I’m getting use to it with each day and it’s not as noticeable or making me feel ill.

Morning sickness seems to have passed as I haven’t had a bad experience in about two weeks (knock on wood very loudly!!!)…. So now the excitement is really kicking in. Matthew and I have been “discussing” names almost daily and constantly disagreeing….. the only thing we agreed on so far is we really want to paint the baby’s room a light green.. unless it’s a girl and then I’m hell bent it’s gonna be purple!

On the “Fun Stuff” page, we posted a poll with some of our name choices (many of which we disagree on)… but we wanted to see what our families thought of the name options. As the baby gets closer to birth, we’ll be narrowing it down (obviously we will knock off a whole list when we find out the sex… which we do want to find out)…. But for now it’s just a long list of options we’ve suggested. One thing we agreed on for names is something that’s a bit unique but yet still common. We’ve tried to steer clear of very common names just because they are common. A name is such an important identity; we want to make sure it’s perfect!

So in other news in our life, Matthew is number one in our fantasy football league and I’m only trailing by 99 points in third place. This week I took down the only person in the league left undefeated and it felt good! We’re doing well so keep your fingers crossed because if we do well we might just win some money!

This weekend we’re thinking of going to a baby event at the Monroeville Expo mart. My mom sent me the information and it looks kinda fun so if we can swing it, we’ll make it happen. Also, we want to go to the Pittsburgh Pet Expo at the DL Convention Center… might do both in one day or just one. We’re really not sure yet. We have a few other things needing accomplished this weekend.

Well that’s about it for now, perhaps I’ll pester Matthew to write a journal entry one of these weeks!

No comments: