Monday, February 25, 2008

Whilrwind Weekend

What a weekend. Sadly, I'm actually happy it's over! I've never been so exhausted in my entire life! Friday was hectic even though I had the day off. Between getting my car inspected (Yeah it passed with flying colors), then having a doctors appointment and getting the joy or rearranging All of the remaining appointments (I had them made clear to April). What a joy!

The rest of the day went well. Matthew and I shampooed the baby's room rug (horray)... I wanted to do it BEFORE the shower so once I brought things home I could just put them away. Friday night we decorated the hall. It was lovely! I was so happy with everything. The grandparents both found the most beautiful centerpieces. It was just everything you could ask for and everything went smoothly!

Saturday was very much a whirlwind experience... and very exhausting. The shower went great... no problems! We estimated about 90 guests total thoughout the shower. It was so great seeing so many people in my family that I haven't seen in ages! We had a handful that didn't end up making the trip due to weather, which is completely understandable. Such is life! They were missed but better off safe!!!

I was shocked at the amazing gifts our friends and family gave us. The table was overflowing with beautiful things for our little one. It was just overwhelming! I swear I opened gifts for well over an hour... possibly close to two hours! Everything was just wonderful. I will have picture of the shower this week... been a bit exhausted trying to make a dent in the gifts to get them to some form of organization (As if that's possible). At some point this week, Matthew and I are going to pull the gifts out to take pictures collectively of what we bought so everyone who didn't make it to the shower can see all the beautiful things we've got for our little one (including gifts that have been brought to the house from friends and family who just couldn't make it).

To tide anxious friends and family over, here's a brief list of what we got (that I can remember off the top of my head):
  • Rainforest High Chair
  • Rainforest Swing
  • Rainforest Play yard
  • Rainforest Bathtub
  • Travel Bassinet with Music
  • Winnie the Pooh Walker
  • Clothes, Clothes, and more Clothes!
  • Diapers up to the ceiling of the baby room closet!
  • Blankets, bibs, pacifiers, and rattles
  • Toys, toys, toys!
  • Two hand made afghans - one from my mother with butterflies and Arabella's initials!
  • Curtains from my mother
  • The Butterfly Bed Set
  • Bath Fun - toys, towels, and wash cloths
  • Books galore - which is what I asked for! I 've got lots of reading to do to my beautiful baby
  • Steeler outfits and a toddler terrible towel (thanks mom) .... and Matthew is thrilled (As he is a raiders fan)
  • Baby Calendar (calendar of all the firsts)
  • Brag book
  • Photo frames
  • Giant stuffed purple Pegasus (I want to keep it for me).....

I know there is so much more... but off the top of my head remember anything (I'm lucky I remember my name today I'm so tired). I will be posting a more comprehensive listing of presents ... and pictures ... :)

My doctors appointment went well this morning. I scheduled my final ultrasound to get Arabella's measurements (so I know what I'm in for in a few weeks). That will be next Monday at 11am so I'll hopefully have more pictures to share.

Well it's almost the end of the day. I've got a busy week ahead of me. I've already had a busy weekend. I'm so focused on getting the baby's room ready and in some form of order! I have this fear in the back of my mind I'll be one of the girls that go before my due date and the room won't be ready and I'll be losting my mind!

Well time to get some work done. Until then.... bye

No comments: