Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Chocolate Kisses

Ah.... little miss independent. She won't share with you anymore... she must have her own. Her own fork, food, and as of recently her own ice cream cone. So last night, Matthew gave me a wonderfully delicious chocolate ice cream cone to which I was more than happy sharing with Arabella. But Arabella just wouldn't have it.... she had to have her own.

So we gave her one. Packed some ice cream down inside the cone (knowing she eat the cone first ... most likely from the bottom) so it wouldn't make a TERRIBLE mess. Boy were we wrong!

With the cone in hand and a mess soon to be made, our every bouncing child romped around the living room dripping chocolate goodness everywhere. Thankfully our furniture is nicely guarded with some kind of stuff that protects it from spills. By the time the cone was gone, chocolate covered many parts of our couch, the floor and naturally the entire face of my kid.

As I prepared to get something very wet to wipe her (and my furniture) off.... she proceeded to run up to me on the couch and give me a big, sloppy wet chocolate kiss.... if ever a moment where Matthew was needed with the camera... now would have been it.

So, sadly there are no photos of the chocolate disaster... but the memory will certainly be there!

No comments: