Monday, August 11, 2008

Is it really August??????


Wow! Is it really August already? My birthday only 17 days a way.... UGH! I'm getting so old! So if you haven't checked out the website recently, do so to see the new pictures of Aerie attemping to eat a bag of raisins.... it's quite amusing. Diana (Matthew's Mom) took them at her house while she was watching her one day. Quite a treat. One's included here.
We had quite a busy weekend this past weekend. Yesterday was our Mini golf Tournament (last one for the season).... I was only 4 strokes away from placing (BUMMER). Ah well, next year! I can't wait until next year when Aerie's walking and talking. We're going to have so much fun. I will be taking her golfing as much as I can because it's great for the body, mind and soul (and cheap on the wallet). Matthew thinks I'm crazy.... but who cares!
Aerie's eating cereal really well now. We've discovered she really loves the Apple flavored one and eats it like crazy. I think in a week or two we'll introduce some Oatmeal into the mix and then soon the fruits and veggies. Matthew is just waiting for the day of Banana Puddings and has already claimed giving her that jar of food! Of course I might have to hide it from him or buy him his own... I fear he may eat it all and not share with his daughter! HE HE HE
So in 17 days is it not only my birthday, But I'm on vacation until after Labor day (woo hoo five days off). I can't wait! I want to spend more time with Aerie... lots and lots and lots of time with Aerie. I also want to accomplish some scrapbooking (I'm about 2 months behind) and clean the house a bit. I believe my plan will be to have my mom come over to watch Aerie while I clean and scrapbook a little... that way she's not feeling neglected (plus I don't want to take their favorite day of the week away from them).
Surprisingly though, Life as parents hasn't been all that bad. It's a little crazy at times, but our house isn't a disaster, our daughter is happy and we're not screaming at each other 24/7 .... so I'd say we're surviving rather well!
Aerie's getting into the really fun stage of life now. She's so amazed by everything and has to touch an feel anything within our reach. She's actually started petting Artex (who loves to lay by her when we're holding her)... or my favorite time... is when I put Aerie in her bumbo seat on my desk in the backroom while I'm doing something on the computer and Artex has to naturally squeeze his big ol' butt in between my keyboard and her chair. So she reaches down and pats him while he's close to mommy and sissy. It's absolutly adorable!
So as usual, August is a nightmare on my schedule. Saturday we have a birthday party. Sunday I had thought about going to Brad Paisly but I think I'll pass and just focus on going to Martina McBride and Brooks and Dunn (maybe). Then next Wednesday we go to Baltimore for 3 days (WOW that came REALLY fast) and then Saturday is our Fantasy Football draft and Sunday a baby shower... I come back to work for 2 days and then I'm on vacation ( WOO HOO).... A much needed vacation after this insane month.
Well time to get back to insanity! Later all!

No comments: