Friday, February 5, 2010

Snow snow snow

It’s beginning to look a lot like…. Valentine’s Day! Yes, it’s February and it’s snowing… and seriously people… what did you really expect it to be? Sunny and a wonderfully warm 85 degrees? I certainly wish it was!

The lovely snow falling outside my window inspired me to want to write a little something over my lunch break. It’s been a while (almost 6 months actually) since I posted something of value on my blog. I’m not sure if I’ve just had some serious writers block or just that I haven’t really had the time, but either way… I’m back in action.

The snow makes me think of how excited I am that I don’t have class tomorrow and that I hope Matthew is home digging out Bella’s snow clothes so we can go play in it tomorrow! Last time we took her out into the snow, it didn’t go over so well. She was unsure of it and then Matthew (softly) hit her with a snowball, and well… that was the end of Bella’s first snow experience. She’d had enough! Hopefully, though this time will go much better. Perhaps we’ll throw snowballs at Matthew this time around!

I wonder how many of you are actually still reading my blog. I know it gets routed into Facebook, but do you actually visit my BLOG? Probably not! I should just contend to write “notes” on Facebook since about 90% of the people that would be interested (and probably more than might read this) are on Facebook already. I wish I would have created such a global phenomenon! The people that thought of MySpace sure knew what they were doing. I mean, seriously…. How many people could imagine their lives without Facebook?

I find it odd that I have “friends” on Facebook that I haven’t seen in real life in over 10 years. It’s amazing the amount of people who didn’t like me or wouldn’t talk to me in high school but are now my “friends” on Facebook. My how people change! Some are nicer, some are meaner, some have disappeared off the face of the planet! What a world we live in. It’s

Ironically enough, this year marks my 10 year high school graduation. A few of us that still speak have been wondering if/when we are actually going to have a reunion. I thought by now rumors would have been circulating, but alas… nothing has been said. I wouldn’t mind going to see people in real life (though I think I know many of their stories through posts on Facebook). Perhaps our class feels the “virtual reunion” Facebook creates for us daily is enough to keep us in check with each other. Who knows…

I spent part of my lunch break today researching ideas for Bella’s big 2nd birthday party. I’m really excited, even more so than her 1st because now that she’s 2 we can play games and have lots of fun with the other kids. The tentative plan is a safari/jungle theme because Bella loves her animals, so it was fitting. I’ve think I’m creating a “jungle corner” for the kids where there will be nothing but kid friendly toys, games, etc. I’m going to decorate it up like jungle and have it filled with awesome things. I found a how-to-make guide for a game called “Feed the Monkey” and thanks to the help of my mother (artist) and Matthew’s father (finding me a box), the game is going to come to life. I’ve also got a few other ideas up my sleeve… but I won’t reveal all my secrets just yet (mostly because I’ve got a ton of ideas and need to pick out the “BEST” ideas in the bunch).

I think next year will really be the best year though. Bella will be old enough to tell us what kind of party she wants, and games, etc. That’s what I’m looking forward to the most. I look forward to all the birthday parties I’ll get to plan. I don’t know why, but it’s so exciting. I’ve been playing ideas out in my mind for age appropriate games to play, fun toys to play with, and awesome favor bags. I want her birthday party to be like the amazing parties you see in movies and on TV that kids and parents remember forever! I know Bella might not remember them yet, but I will and those memories will never fade!

Wow, I started on the topic of snow… and now I’m talking about the birthday party… of course if you really want to talk about planning, the wedding is probably consuming the most time. Right now, I’m kind of at a standstill, but I know it’s just the calm before the storm. I plan on moving on the dress by April… six months is plenty of time for a gown. All the major vendors are booked, just gotta nail out the smaller details, but it’s coming along. It’ll move more after I get past Arabella’s birthday. One major event at a time!

Well my lunch is almost over …. I could sit and write for hours. This felt very good. I need to start prying myself away from things to do this more often. Perhaps if I got a little less Stats homework…. It might just happen a bit more!

At least I get to sleep in tomorrow!

No comments: