Thursday, September 20, 2007

Welcome to the journal!

Welcome to the blog! If you've found this page, that means you know Matthew and I are expecting to increase the size of our happy home by one in the near future.
Since we both have family near and far, I figured this website would serve as a medium to communicate with the family as I progress through the pregnancy and after the birth to share photos and stories with all the family. We live in a world of technology, so I might as well use it to my advantage.

I have posted the first ultrasound photos from this past monday. Doctors estimate me about 11-12 weeks, but Matt thinks it's less, I'm hoping they are right because the second trimester is supposed to be the best. I'm so ready to be done with the morning sickness and tired feeling all the time.

It's been an exciting journey these past through weeks since we found out on August 19 (and then kept it a secret for over a month later). We wanted to be sure everything was going to go well before telling everyone (and get out of the miscarriage phase too).
Matthew and I are getting more and more excited with each coming day. Artex is even getting excited (That's our cat in case you don't know that). Since my discovery, he hasn't left my side for a moment when we're home. He sits with me when Matthew is at work and usually lays on my lap cuddling my belly. It's awfully cute!

Saturday Artex had a moment of pride and thanks from me. Usually when I'm ill, Matthew wakes up and comes to my aid to make me feel better. Saturday morning he did not wake like normal and to aid me, Artex climbed behind me on a stand in our restroom to paw at my back as if to say "I'm here... can't rub your back like Daddy... but I'll try." It was so comforting! Animals really are amazing creatures!

I'm feeling pretty good today, but I have good and bad days. I've hit the point where I started getting headaches and they really take a toll on me late at night. I can barely stay awake past 9pm anymore. I just want to sleep. Of course, I've heard in the second trimester, I'll have plenty o enegery then back to nothing towards the end. Oh well, it's been an experience.
One thing I really love about being pregnant is my nails are so long and strong! Normally only one or two grow nicely and the rest break but I've had a nice set of nails for the last two months! If only they'd stay this way forever!

Well, back to work I go. I took a mini-break to write this blog. Please stop back often to look for new pictures, read how things are progressing (Matthew will be writing as well so you'll hear his side) and feel free to post comments! I want to hear from both sides of our family! Keep in touch and definatly come visit anytime!

No comments: